Sunday, January 27, 2013

Like Crazy

I want you, I need you, I love you, I miss you... like crazy


Anna: (...) I'm an only child, so...
Jacob: Me too!
Anna: Yeah, so I'm quite close to them. But it's nice being away. I think it's important to get away from your... where you've grown up, for some of your life.
Jacob: I feel like leaving right now, actually. Let's go, where do you wanna go?

Jacob: Would you mind reading me something?
Anna: What do you want me to read?
Jacob: Something you wrote.
Anna: Ok. You're not allowed to laugh. I haven't read it out loud yet, so you'd be the first person... are you sure you wanna hear it?
Jacob: Mmhmm.
Anna: I thought I understood it, that I could grasp it, but I didn't, not really. Only the smudgeness of it; the pink-slippered, all-containered, semi-precious eagerness of it. I didn't realize it would sometimes be more than whole, that the wholeness was a rather luxurious idea. Because it's the halves that halve you in half. I didn't know, don't know, about the in-between bits; the gory bits of you, and the gory bits of me.

Jacob: What are we gonna do after we graduate?
Anna: We... we'll sort something out. Don't think about it now... I'll come back and I'll get a work visa.
Jacob: I hate thinking about it.
Anna: I'm not gonna leave... promise.
Jacob: Ok.

(She wakes him up in the morning she's supposed to leave for the UK)
Anna: Jacob, I've made a decision. I'm gonna stay. I'm gonna stay for the summer and then I'll just go back for the summer and I'll come back after that.
Jacob: Anna, listen to me. As much as I'd like that you can't do that.
Anna: Why?
Jacob: You have a visa!
Anna: I can't go back. And we don't have to be sad, and we can have so much fun. And like today... we can stay in bed all summer.
Jacob: Ok. Oh man, Ok... ok...

(Jacob visits Anna in the UK)
Jacob: I just feel weird.
Anna: Why do you feel weird?
Jacob: I just feel kinda....
Anna: You feel weird? I hate it when you say you feel weird... why?
Jacob: This doesn't feel like I'm actually part of your life, I feel like I'm on a vacation. Well, I don't know, this is just how I feel, I don't know... It just feels weird, sometimes.
Anna: Well, would it be easier if you felt like you could see other people, when... we're not together?
Jacob: Is that what you wanna do?
(Anna shakes her head)
Jacob: Then why would you bring it up?
Anna: Because I don't want you to feel like you're not living your life properly, when we're not together.
Jacob: Are you attracted to other people?
Anna: No, I'm not attracted to other people.
Jacob: Why did you have to think about that?
Anna: Because it's a silly question.
Jacob: No, it's obviously not a silly question if you need to think about it.
Anna: I don't mean it like that, I don't meant that I'm attracted to other people... I just mean... it's just... hard to keep stopping and starting. And I'm sorry about my dad mentioning stuff cause that obviously disturbs you in some way...

(Anna's boss, Liz, in her office, talking to Anna)
Liz: So I read your thing. It's good. So, who's this person.
Anna: Umm... it's someone, that is... is very close to me. And, he's been quite an inspiration in my life and I almost... through my writing I want to give something back.

Yeah. When I was reading it made me...it just made me think about the fact that um... when...when I was working in New York at Nylon mag and my husband was in Los Angeles, and so he was driving across country. So on the way over he would take all these pictures of...of himself and the dog at various places. So I sent photo's of me and then we would put them all together and they're like this moment in time being separate but yet we were together in these photographs.
Anna: Well, I was going to say that it's a way of even, kind of, keeping you together.
Liz: Connecting.
Anna: Yeah. Now, there's the challenge.
Liz: Yeah, it's hard. It made me miss him more
(...)

(Jacob is at a party with Sam and Anna texts him for him to call her. He goes out and calls her)
Anna: I just have to say one thing and it's pretty important that you just listen to me. I just...it doesn't feel like this,this thing is gonna go away, it's always there. I can't, I can't get on with my life.
Jacob: We agreed!
Anna: I know, Jacob, but the things that we  have with each other that...that I don't have with any other person, with any other human being apart from you. We should be with each other, and I feel it so strongly, and I feel like it's right for us to get married. That's our only option now. I don't wanna have regrets about us and we can make this work if we do that. I spoke to Harry and he said it'll only take six months and then I can come back. And then we can be together. So will you just think about it for us. Just come for a few days and then we can make this work.

Sam: I know you talked to her.
Jacob: Yeah.
Sam: Yeah.
Jacob: Come here. (He holds her) You're such a nice giving caring human being. And.. it's not fair for you to have to experience things and be with someone that isn't fully there for you. And I'm sorry cause I have to go to London. I'm so sorry, Sam.
Sam: I love you (crying).
Jacob: I'm sorry, Sam.

(Anna and Jacob are in a hotel room on their wedding night)
Anna: We have to wait, patiently.
Jacob: For six months.
Anna: I hate six months.... It's all gonna be ok.
Jacob: Six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment